The Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) is one of the premier institutions in the country working in the field of Linking Education with Culture. The CCRT has been entrusted with the task of Propagation of Culture among College and School students and teachers and Interlinking Culture with Education. The CCRT uses various means in creating an understanding and awareness among students about the plurality of the regional cultures of India and integrating the knowledge with education.
CCRT has Four well established Regional Centres with an objective to widespread the connectivity for various programs, activities and schemes managed by CCRT. The Regional Centres are strategically located in the prime locations at Udaipur in the west, Hyderabad in the south, Guwahati in the north-east and Damoh in Central India respectively.
The Regional Centres have been established with the following objectives:
● Provide mobile libraries and resource units to visit tribal, rural and semi-urban schools;
● Provide cultural education to school students/youth/teachers/teacher educators throughout
● Collect cultural resources in the form of audio-visuals, written texts, recordings, etc
● Produce materials on cultural education for use in schools and for community projects;
● Provide assistance to other related institutions in the area of literacy campaigns women’s
education, physically disadvantaged and foreconomically and physically deprived;
● Encourage and help craft persons, traditional performing artists and other creative people by
providing training facilities and scholarships